- Ibragim Todashev, 27, reportedly turned violent during an FBI interview
- He did not have a knife as previously said
- He had allegedly confessed to the FBI that he and Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev had played a role in a triple slaying in the Boston area in 2011
- Todashev, from Chechnya, was shot dead by the agent just after midnight on May 22
- Todashev had met Tsarnaev while he was living in Boston and last spoke him about a week before the bombing
The father of Ibragim Todashev, who was shot by an FBI agent a week ago while being quizzed over his links to the Boston bombers, revealed the extent of his son's injuries in gruesome photographs of his dead body today.
Outspoken Abdul-Baki Todashev called for an investigation and possible legal action against the agent involved at a press conference in Moscow where he showed the images of his son's body lying in a morgue with up to seven gunshot wounds, including one to the back of the head.
His angry calls for justice came as a report claimed the 27-year-old native Chechen was unarmed in the clash with a federal agent in Florida on May 22.
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT
Anger: Abdulbaki Todashev says his unarmed son was shot up to seven times including once to back of the head
Gruesome: The father showed images of his son's bullet-riddled body laying in a Florida morgue
Previous reports claimed the US citizen went for the agent with a knife while being interrogated in his home.
However, a report by the Washington Post yesterday cited law enforcement officials saying he had no weapon.
He allegedly did become violent when police quizzed him over links to Tamerlan Tsarnaev and an unsolved 2011 triple homicide but he did not have a knife as previously claimed.
'Today I want justice. I want an investigation, so that these people (the FBI) are sued under US laws,' he said.
'These are not FBI agents. These are bandits and they must appear in court.'
He said he received the 16 images of his son's body from a friend in the US.
Graphic: Todashev said he had been emailed 16 images of his son's corpse from a friend in Florida
Shot dead: The father called for justice in the shooting of his son who was a US citizen